Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Sam!

Well, I didn't get to this weeks Sketch Challenge yet, maybe later today! I did however do last weeks, Sketch Challenge 193. This layout was yelling at me to get off the computer and actually stamp yesterday, so I did. Being that is was my nephew's 12th birthday, this card is for him. I *really* wanted to make him a Sock Monkey card, but unfortunately my sister (his mom) has my set. I need to order another one for me in the near future!

For this card I went with a blue theme. I have no idea why because I am sure it is not his favorite color! I used night of navy and brocade blue with whisper white. I like how the saying is in both colors. It would have been easier if I actually had the Rich Regal Marker set, but that is the only set I do not have. I used the Happy Birthday Embossing folder on the Whisper White behind the balloon and the Spots & Dots on the Night of Navy strip, but it is hard to tell in the picture. I tried using the Crystal Ice Stickles another chance on the white Happy Birthday section, but I seem to get a lot of glue and not much glitter. I stapled the Ribbon with a colored staple. I loaded black ones, but thankfully you can''t tell that a purple one was still in the stapler. I decided to leave it in because it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Then I popped the balloon & tag up on dimensionals. I think it all seems to look very 'manly'.



Materials Used: SU Paper: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Whisper White; SU Ink: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue; Cuttlebug Embossing folders: Happy Birthday, Spots & Dots; Other: Crystal Ice Stickles, SU Dimensionals, SU Night of Navy Ribbon, colored staple.



What are your thoughts? I live to read your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: