Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rambling Family post

Yesterday and my Mischeious Boy
.
Yesterday I went today to try and sign Seth up for preschool in the fall. I am not sending him where Ethan goes because it is just too expensive ($225 for 2 three hour days a week). Two of my friends go to a Presbyterian Preschool that offers 3 three hour days for $185-much better IMHO. So yesterday was the day for new applicants so I get Maggie off on the bus and drive over. I get there a little before 8am and no one is there, so I patiently wait...8:05 still no one else there....8:10 hello, no one there.....8:15-the time it was supposed to begin- I break out my cell phone. The phone is answered:
.
Me: "I thought today is the morning to register for new preschool families."
.
Lady on the phone: "It was, but we posponed it until Monday."
.
Me: confused, "huh"?
.
LOTP: You are outside aren't you?
.
Me: "Yep"
.
LOTP: I'll be right there?
.
door opens...
.
Lady at the door: What class are you interested in?
.
Me: "The one that already has a wait list- the 3's"...
.
She was kind enough to take my application. Seth is #2 on the wait list. She offered to put him in the 3/4 class but since he will turn 3 in August I didn't think that would work for him.
.
Now we wait. I have decided to not try and register him anywhere else and leave this in Gods hands. Either way it will be fine. Either he will end up in class with 2 friends or he will not go to preschool & I will not have to freak about him being potty trained right after he turns 3 and I'll save a bit of coin.
.
Ok, back to my Mischevious boy. Maggie has the Powder Puff Derby race today. (Girl Scouts doing the Pinewood derby after the boys and parents. Yep, you read that right, the parents of the boys and girls get a chance to do their own cars this year and race against each other-What a brilliant idea!!!) Anyway Maggie & Clay were working on their cars Thursday night and he left them on the counter-alnog with the paint. You see where this is going don't you??? So I get home and the place smells like paint. I figured Clay painted on his car while he was waiting for me. Umm, No. Seth opened the black paint and painted the counter, chair, floor, Clay's car and Maggies decoration puppies. Luckily it came off most eveything, except Maggie's dogs are now black labs.
.
Sorry no picture because Clay cleaned it up before I got home.

No comments: