Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Birthday Cupcake for Becky

As I mentioned last time I have been spending a lot of time with Girl Scout paperwork the last couple of weeks. Thankfully, I seem to be caught up. (For now. *wink*) I was actually able to ink some stamps on Wednesday to make my sister a birthday card. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at preschool, so I am finally posting the results.
Becky loves purple so I knew that I would use that. I also just got my Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set and was itching to try that as well. I actually did the bottom card for Backy first, but had so much fun paper piecing the cupcake that I wanted to do it again so I made this card for a friends birthday which also happens to be this weekend.
I used SCS Sketch Challenge #188. I stamped the sentiment on the lower right hand corner, but it is hard to see in the picture. I also used the Gelly Roll glitter pen on the sprinkles and the cupcake wrapper. The cupcake & candle were paper pieced using SU designer paper. The smaller purple triangles are scrap papers I am not sure who made them. I thought it needed something to brighten it up, so I used the glitter pen on the background, once again it looks better in real life.
Materials Used: SU Paper: Designer series, Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Very Vanilla; SU Ink; Basic Gray, Lovely Lilac; SU Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes




This was the first one I complete for Becky. I used a little too much pressure on the eyelets, but luckily I don't think she will mind.
Materials Used: SU Paper: Designer Series, Lovely Lilac, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla; SU Ink: Basic Gray, Lovely Lilac; SU Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Classic Stripes; Other: SU 1/4" Grosgrain Very Vanilla Ribbon, Gelly Roll Glitter Pen
Which is your favorite?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! I especially like the bottom one. :)

Meredith said...

well, I am a little biased since I actually received the top one *wink* They are both awesome cards though!!!! And it's even better in person :) Thanks so much for thinking of me on my birthday :)