Friday, May 1, 2009

Sketch Challenge 221

So I am seriously behind in my goal of getting one sketch challenge a
week done this year. I *finally* finished another one. :)
So here is the challenge:
I have been dying to try this set. I have it double mounted so that the image and saying are on opposite sides of the block. I am loving it this way!
.
And without further ado, here is my interpretation:
I made this card for our neighbor. About 2 weeks ago Clay had the brilliant idea to buy two trees, one for the side yard and one for the back woods. Unfortunately, when they dropped the 400 pound trees off last week they left them in the drive. *rolleyes*

Last Monday Clay and I dragged the first tree to the side yard. Oh Yeah, did I mention that it was raining? That left one more tree to plant. Since it rained and Clay worked late the next few nights it was our plan to plant it on Saturday Morning. Well, we totally under estimated how hard it would be to move to the backyard. Luckily the neighbor took pity on us and helped Clay drag while I pushed. In true Sara fashion, when we were about 20' form the destination, the guys stopped pulling and the tree smacked me on the face and knocked me down! Well, several ice packs later the tree was finished and there was no way we would have gotten it to the backyard without his help. So I wanted to give him a Thank You card. I still need to make a sweet treat to go with it, I am thinking nothing says thank you like a container of fudge. *wink*




This is the simple insert.
Don't you feel the need to stamp something inside?
This has become an obsession of mine recently.

Materials Used: SU Stamps: Totally Tool;
SU Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Basic Gray DP, Whisper White ;
Ink: Basic Gray, Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue; Accessories: Brads



1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sara, when you said "several ice packs later", I was thinking, well at least it wasn't several six packs! LOL Nice neighbor, love the card, and yes, I have been feeling the need to decorate/stamp insides lately! Hugs, Cindy E.