Friday, May 8, 2009

Look what Spicy *Made* me do!

A few weeks ago my friend Spicy, should us what she did with some Designer Elements on her wall. She told us how she used a 'Floating Frame' (which I had never heard of before then) to mount it and then hung it on her wall. Well, she made it look so good I had to give it a try.
.
I ordered the Hostess Offering Home. Unfortunately, it was just a tad too big for the floating frames that I could find. The helpful girl at Michaels suggested making my own. I found a frame on clearance (and then got it marked down more because it was scratched -Score!) and the nice one I wanted.
.
The hard part was having the patience to get it finished. I bought some dowels and my brilliant Hubby came up with (jokingly,i think) to cover them in electrical tape. Well that is what I did.
.
In order to hold the glass in place I used some of Clays leftover hardware to hold the glass. It is a good thing Clay has such cool tools. I got to use these to drill the wholes:
Well, This is how it turned out. I am planning on ordering some accents to use on the wall.
I am debating between
filigree and dotted flourish.
(Edited to add, page 20. The link seems to show the whole catalog)
I am leaning toward the filigree. What do you think?



3 comments:

zekesmom10 said...

I can't believe she twisted your arm like that!

I kind of like the filigree, but I also think the birds from Go Confidently in the Direction of your Dreams.

Linda said...

LOVE IT!

I like filigree. :)

Mindee said...

Looks great!