Saturday, July 5, 2008

Spring Cards


Well, Splitcoaststampers is a big inspiration in my stamping. This weeks weekly inkling had a tutorial for Spring Cards and I just couldn't resist.
I also have been dying to paper piece the rocket from SU's Pun Fun set so I combined the 2 and here it is. The rocket is paper pieced using SU's designer Series 6x6 slab (the retired one...can't remember what color at the moment). I popped the top of the rocket out from the page using SU dimensionals and although you can't tell from the photo, I used my versamark ink pad to stamp the dots form Polka Dot & Paisley on the bottom *the part parallel to the table* and on the orange square behind the rocket. My original was the one on the right and measures 5 1/4" square when folded-5 1/4" x 10 1/2" base piece. For the second on I used a smaller 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" base piece so it folds to 4 1/4" square. I really like the smaller version. After doing the second on I went back to the bigger card and added a piece of orange with blackened edges. The original bigger card along with another smaller card is going in my Splitcoaststampers (SCS from now on) gallery if you are interested.
Materials Used: SU Paper: Designer paper, Textured Glorious Green, Only Orange, Basic Black; SU Stamps: Pun Fun, Polka Dots & Paisley, Birthday Whimsey; Ink: Versamark, Markers-Only Orange, Basic Black, Glorious Green

1 comment:

Meredith said...

these are adorable!! I love this little rocket, I should really use it more. I might just have to case this one, thanks!