Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Stampin' Spot







Well, this is it. Where all the magic happens. I am going to Chicago for my sister Becky's wedding tomorrow. I figured that since my spot is pretty much as clean as it will ever be I'd take this time to show it to you. The 'desk' is my drawing board from college on top of an antique sewing table. It is not attached in any way, which could be a problem in the future since I have already caught my 1 yr old standing on top of it! The showboxes on the floor (from Michaels) are where my stamp sets are stored. I currently have 24 boxes and they are mostly full. The spice jars, where I keep brads, staples, paperclips, eyelets and other *stuff* is from IKEA. The metal rods (also from IKEA) where my punches are stored I saw in a SU magazine and Loved the idea-Thanks to the brilliant lady that thought to do that! The reason the top one looks so empty is that it was just added earlier this week. I am waiting on my new scallop punch to go up there. ;) I keep cards on my desk and magnetic board (IKEA) because I find it inspiring, especially the ones others have sent me! The clear cups I used my CAD to punch a hole in. I have the kids colored pencils, my pencils, my eyelet setters & Tweezers, dry erase markers and CM cutting blades stored in them. The wire baskets were meant to go on a smaller diameter rod, but I still used them to hold my adhesives, pens for workshops, wheel handles & bone folder. Okay, this is starting to sound like an IKEA ad, I guess I should stop.




I have a few scheduled posts set up for while I'm gone so hopefully you won't miss me too much. I guess I should also mention that the week I get back I am volunteering at Girl Scout camp, but if I am not dead tired I hope to post something new then.




As usual, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude. You are wayyyy more organized that I am! I really need to clean my space. I did finally get some more bins to put stuff in, but they are still in the kitchen so I guess that doesn't really help! lol!

Enjoy your trip - I can't wait to meet you!

Kirstin said...

Hi Sara! So, I finally got around to checking your blog (hanging head in shame). I love your stamp area! You've inspired me to reorganize mine.