Friday, November 20, 2009

Sketch Challenge 231


Birthday Sketch:


Birthday Card:

My nephew celebrated his birthday last month. To help him celebrate, I made him this card. It was very simple, lets face it- eight year old little boys are not that into all the pretties and sparklies!

I used an Happy Birthday embossing folder and then cut it into three stripes. I layered the Tempting Turquoise onto Brilliant Blue panels and mounted the panels on a Tempting Turquoise base. I stamped cupcake stamp from Cause for Celebration on Whisper White Cardstock. I then pieced the Brilliant Blue wrapper and decorated the frosting with glitter pen 'sprinkles'. I layered the cupcake on Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue and mounted it with pop dots.

Materials Used: SU Stramps: Cause for Celebration; SU Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue; SU Ink: Basic Gray; Other SU: Dimensionals

No comments: